Porridgeis a food commonly eaten as any dish, made by heating or boiling ground, crushed or chopped starchy plants, typically grain, in milk or water. It is often cooked or served with added flavourings such as sugar, honey, (dried) fruit or syrup to make a sweet cereal, or it can be mixed with spices, meat or vegetables to make a savoury dish. It is usually served hot in a bowl, depending on its consistency. Oat porridge, or oatmeal, is one of the most common types of porridge. Gruel is a thinner version of porridge.
- 100 grams of rice
- 1 cm of crushed ginger
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of pepper
- 1,200 ml chicken of stock
- 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 200 grams snapper of fillets (cut into small squares)
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground pepper
- ¾ teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 finely sliced leek
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil for sauteing
- Supplementary Materials :
- 1 stalk of sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons of fried shallots
- 2 pieces of hard-boiled eggs (in the split of 2 parts)
- Boil chicken broth, rice, ginger, celery, salt, and pepper, stirring until absorbed and condensed. Remove and set aside.
- Stir the fish, heat the oil. Saute the garlic until fragrant. Add snapper. Stir until it changes color.
- Enter the fish sauce, salt, pepper, sugar, and water. Stir well. Cook until done. Add leeks. Stir well.
- Serve stir porridge with fish.