Bolu kukus is considered as a type of kue bolu,which encompasses variety of sponge cakes, cupcakes and tarts.
The term bolu is derived from Portuguese bolo to describe sponge cake. Thus the texture is soft and fluffy
just like tart or chiffon cake. As the name imply, bolu kukus is a steamed tart instead of commonly baked cupcakes,
and usually the bolu kukus base is covered with corrugated paper container, just like common cupcakes
- 5 chicken eggs
- 100 grams of sugar
- 10 grams (1 tsp) ovalet / softener cake
- 100 grams of wheat flour
- 50 grams of cocoa powder
- ½ cans of condensed milk chocolate
- 200 grams of butter, melt over medium heat
- strawberry jam
- Whisk sugar, eggs and ovalet with mixer at high speed until the dough fluffy.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk, mix well.
- Add the melted butter and mix well again.
- Pour mixture into a square pan that has been buttered before
- Steam over medium heat for 30 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Take out cake from the mold and then split equally into two parts, spread with strawberry jam on one piece and then cover with the other piece of cake.