Chicken Soto Recipe
Soto ayam is a traditional Indonesian dish which uses ingredients such as chicken, lontong, noodles, and rice vermicelli. Soto ayam is popular in Singapore, Malaysia and Suriname. Turmeric is added as one of its main ingredients which makes the yellow chicken broth
Chicken Soto Recipe
Soto ayam is a traditional Indonesian dish which uses ingredients such as chicken, lontong, noodles, and rice vermicelli. Soto ayam is popular in Singapore, Malaysia and Suriname. Turmeric is added as one of its main ingredients which makes the yellow chicken broth. It is one of the most popular variant of soto, a traditional soup commonly found in Indonesian cuisine. Besides chicken and vermicelli, it can also be served with hard-boiled eggs, slices of fried potatoes and Chinese celery leaves. Fried shallots are usually added as garnish. Coconut milk (santan) is also used as an additional ingredient.Koya, a powder of mixed prawn crackers with fried garlic, or sambal is a common topping. Krupuk or emping is also a common topping. Lalapan is usually served as a side dish.
- 1 free-range chicken, cut into 4
- 1500 ml of water
- 2 stalks lemongrass bruised
- 4 sheet lime leaves
- 2 cm of bruisedgalangal
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- sugar, salt and powdered broth to taste
Ground spices :
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 5 cloves of red onion
- 2 cm ginger
- 2 cm turmeric
- 4 item pecans
Supplementary material :
- lontong / white rice to taste
- 1 boiled egg
- 4 pieces of finely sliced cabbage
- 100 grams of bean sprouts
- a few finely chopped celery leaves
- Fried red onions for sprinkling
- lime for curing
- chili sauce (boil the chili, grind it, add sugar and salt to taste)
- Boil the chicken until the broth comes out and the chicken is slightly tender.
- Saute ground spices until fragrant, add lemongrass, lime leaves, galangal and pepper powder, stir briefly.
- Enter the stir-fried spices into the chicken broth, add sugar, salt and powdered stock to taste, reduce the heat and cook for about 15 minutes for the spices to infuse, taste.
- Remove the chicken, fry for a while then shred or slice thinly according to taste
Serving method :
- Prepare a bowl filled with rice cake / white rice, add cabbage, bean sprouts, sliced chicken, celery leaves, fried shallots flush with soto sauce, put sliced boiled eggs with lime juice.
- Serve with sambal.